2017/2018 David Oyedepo Foundation Essay Competition Scholarship Award – The David Oyedepo Foundation is a non-profit organization that is committed to raising individuals and platforms that would in turn bring about change to the economy of Africa as a continent and by ripple effect, the rest of the world. As a Foundation, we are passionate about education and Agricultural practices in Africa and we are committed to the development of platforms for educating tomorrow’s Agricultural giants. One such platform is the David Oyedepo Foundation Agronnovation Essay Competition.
The DOF Agronnovation Essay Competition is a program committed to solving the following issues
- Minimal Expertise among youth with relation to the Agricultural Industry
- Poor Subscription to agriculture related courses by the Nigerian youth
- Lack of youths with passion to drive millennial changes in Nigeria’s agricultural industry
- Minimal level of agricultural innovation in Nigeria
- Minimal organizations committed to the support of the growth of agriculture in Nigeria
The goal of the essay competition is to harness academically excellent students who are passionate about agriculture especially within the Nigerian context.
Field(s) of study:
Programs covered by the DOF Agronnovation Award are
- Animal Science
- Soil Science
- Crop Science
- Agricultural And Biosystems Engineering
- Agricultural Economics
The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries
- Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
- Monthly upkeep allowance
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship is for 4 or 5 years (subject to the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
The David Oyedepo Foundation Agronnovation Essay Competition is open to Young Africans who:
- Are eligible to commence undergraduate studies in 2017.
- Must be a citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa (for International Students)
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- 70% recorded average or 3.5GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- 5 Distinction pass-grades (As and Bs) in O-Level Certificate Examinations.
- Recorded distinction pass (As and Bs) in Agriculture related subject in Transcript and O-Level
- Already have begun admission applications to Landmark University
- Go through Landmark University application process. (Scholarships would not be awarded until proof of admission to Landmark University is provided at the end of the competition).
- In good health.
- Not already enrolled in undergraduate degree programs.
Degree: Undergraduate Degree
Deadline: June 30th 2017
Study in: Nigeria
School: Landmark University
Course starts: 2017
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Scholars must meet set DOF criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain 2nd class upper (2:1) minimum CGPA of 4.0 on a 5.0 scale at the end of each session. b. Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer holiday.
- c. Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the
year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout duration of study within and outside the school premises.
- Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship/ read the application instructions and complete the online applications. Applicants must submit the application form and all required documents stated on the webpage.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is
any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission to Landmark University is required only at the point of award. Hence
applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
Note: The Foundation does not secure admission to Landmark University. All admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. All inquiry for admission can be directed to the University through their website
Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. For foreign applications, all VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed passion in agriculture related fields and practices
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Official Scholarship Website: www.davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship
For further enquiry send an email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Agronnovation Essay Competition is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Friday 30th June, 2017. Applications must be submitted online at www.davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal/scholarship. Email submissions will be disregarded.
All further scholarship related inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org while portal related issues can be sent to email@example.com.